Thursday, August 7, 2008

Greetings from the land of the Midnight Sun

Dear friends,

My apologies for not updating this site sooner. I know many of you have been regularly checking to see about any updates.

For the past two weeks Cristy, Erica, Daniel, and myself have been able to be out here in Finland visiting my father as well as Alex and Anne. It has been as enjoyable as the circumstances could allow.

My father has expressed to me the great comfort that he's had from reading and re-reading many of the cards, comments and e-mails. We've been able to spend much time over the past days with him and my grandmother and both of them send their love to all of you.

We were able to have a small funeral on August 2th with the congregation here in Tampere. Several old friends that my parents knew and even some that had helped them into the truth over 30 years ago made the journey. That afternoon we buried my mother's ashes in my grandmother's (Mummo's) family plot in the 500+ year old cemetery directly across from Mummo's home.


I wanted to also update everyone regarding plans for the US service. The plans for that are now on September 6th at 5:30pm in the Oak Road Kingdom Hall.
Again, I’m sure that announcements will be made in the surrounding congregations the week before that date.

Thank you all again for the support that has been extended to our family. We look forward to seeing you all again soon and my father is greatly looking forward to being able to visit with you dear friends in the States.

With all love,
Niclas Willems and the Willems Family

No comments: